An administrator selects the profile compliance tab of an HA/DRS cluster, than selects Check Compliance Now?
What happens if a host profile is not attached to the cluster?
The compliance check generates an error
The compliance check prompts for a valid host profile
The compliance check uses the default data center host profile
The cluster is checked for specific HA, DRS, and VMware DPM cluster requirements.
Challenged by Sim0ne 11-9-2011 (B)
Why the Answer is D and not B.
This question has been debated endlessly because of the sly wording of the question, in my opinion the following needs to be observed:
1. The question is asking in a specific way the process of checking the compliance
2. The excerpt below from documentation states a seperate way of checking compliance which doesn’t mean it is the "Correct" answer Question
3. I tested this in my lab and the following occured: Showed all host non-compliant. No Prompt. No Error in Check Compliance task in vCenter (bar on bottom)
Answer will stay D because it checked Basic HA, DRS settings regardless of a profile being selected or attached…
This concludes why the following is misleading and the way it describes in managing profiles vs checking compliance.
Evidence (Screenshot shows that it is checked for HA/DRS, and VMware DPM)
pg. 15 on vsphere-esxi-vcenter-server-50-host-profiles-guide.pdf http://pubs.vmware.com/vsphere-50/topic/com.vmware.ICbase/PDF/vsphere-esxi-vcenter-server-50-host-profiles-guide.pdf
*** This is not correct context with the question – Question reads in going to the profile compliance tab – Not right clicking Clusters or going to host profiles ***
* In the Hosts and Clusters view, right-click a cluster and select Host Profile > Manage Profile. Depending on your host profile setup, one of the following results occurs:
Profile Status and Task Result
If the cluster is not attached to a host profile and no profile exist in your inventory, create a profile.
* A dialog box opens asking if you would like to create a profile and attach it to the cluster.
* If you select Yes, the Create Profile wizard opens.
If the cluster is not attached to a host profile and one or more profiles exist in your inventory, attach a profile.
* The Attach Profile dialog opens.
* Select the profile you want to attach to the cluster and click OK.
If the cluster is already attached to a host profile, detach a profile or attach to a different profile.
In the dialog box, click Detach to detach the profile from the cluster or Change to attach a different profile to the cluster.